Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Still here...


I'm still here, although I've been too busy getting ready for Christmas to post for awhile. The photo above shows six of the twelve blocks I have made to put together into a baby quilt for my gift stash. I like the secondary pattern they create. I found the pattern in the latest issue of McCall's Quilting magazine.


I received this Snowman postcard from Priscilla in Minnesota--I wish my camera could take a better photo of it.


This Snowman card is from Beth in New Jersey and is hand-painted. Again, too much flash.


This one is from Chris in Great Britain. I love the icicle stitching around the edges.


This is a card from Roslyn in Australia, for a "My Favorite Color" swap.


...and this one from Maureen in the U.K.....


This from Sarah in the U.K.--lots of special stitches here.


A bright yellow card from Jackie in Texas.



...and a bright pink one with silk flowers from Monica in Texas. The butterfly is machine embroidered.

Other than the baby quilt blocks, I haven't done much sewing. I still have three quilt tops to quilt, but they can wait. I have to have some tests done by the cardiologist next week, and I probably won't get much chance to sew until after New Year's Day.

No comments: