Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Long time no see!

**********

Wow, I didn't realize how long it had been since I had posted! I have been uber busy, what with sewing classes with the granddaughters, and going through 31 years of accumulated stuff before our 2012 move. We've already had one large garage sale, and have another planned in late July with more than enough stuff already boxed up and ready to go. We figure we'll have 3 more garage sales before we move! That's a lot of sorting of stuff, folks!

I had some blood work drawn recently, and everything turned out normal. I had asked the doctor to do an A1C test for diabetes, since my dad was a diabetic and two of my sisters are as well. The test result was 5.9--enough that I need to start watching it, but not enough to call "prediabetic" yet. I guess a diet and increased exercise is in the cards.

Poor Copper has had a rough time lately. He had a blow-out of his left anal gland about a month ago, and last week the right one blew out. He was miserable, poor boy. If it happens again we may have to resort to surgery for him. He feels much better now after his antibiotics.

The girls' classes have gone very well--it has been hard to keep up with them, they are progressing so rapidly! I am turning them loose for the summer, then this fall we will tackle garment sewing. It's not my favorite thing, but I am proficient enough to teach them the basics. I already have their curriculum planned out--very ambitious for one semester of work--seven projects plus some extra classes that won't be covered in the projects, like alternative fasteners, mending, taking measurements, and recycling used clothing (field trip to the thrift stores!) It seems like a lot to me, but at the speed they learn, It may not take them the three to four months I had envisioned. Remember--this is on top of all their regular schoolwork! No wonder they are being homeschooled, there is no way public schools could keep them occupied.

Our vacation is coming up, two reunions and a trip to check on our new properties in AR. I hope to post some pictures next time!

**********

No comments: