Sunday, August 10, 2008

Crafting space


**********

I thought I'd post a few pictures of my crafting area. I haven't shown it since last year. My ironing board gets used more for storage than anything else! The cabinets to the left behind it are full of quilts and fabrics; the other cabinets belong to DH and hold remnants of his Navy career.


The entertainment center also holds bins of fabrics and craft supplies. I love these bine because they stack, they fasten shut, and they have sturdy handles for carrying.



My work table is always piled high with stuff. The violets still love the window!


Did I mention that my worktable is in the dining room? Luckily we eat most meals in the living room in front of the TV.


~~~~~


I recently received a wonderful ATC from Wanda H. at PID. I love their images and especially their transparencies. They also included some punchinella (sequin waste), an embossing folder, an ATC background, and an envelope full of blackbird punch-outs. You can't beat an envelope of surprises!


FiberArtTraders yahoo group has a swap of felt leaves, to be put together into a sort of art book after the swap is done. Above is my attempt at one, this is about 4" x 4" overall. I did a total of 8 of them, although I only needed 6 to trade and one for myself. Something might happen to one in the mail, stranger things have happened! I was pleased with how they turned out. They might look a little plain, but the camera doesn't show the spray dye on the orange leaves, or the melted crayon covering the word charms. They took quite a bit of work.


I'm hoping to do some ATCs this week just for fun. I also have those grocery bags to start.

**********


1 comment:

Gabriela said...

Hi Marcia! Thanks for putting my goddess on your blog. I will add your blog to mine if you don't mind...I love your leaves!