Monday, November 19, 2007

Keeping busy!


I made 6 of these postcards for a Snowman swap. I used glitter glue, beads, and spangles to glam these up, but the fabric was so cute I had to use it. I mailed them in plastic sleeves to preserve the beads. I only mailed 4 of them out--the others I kept for my own use. I always make at least one extra for myself--you never know when one will go astray in the mail.




I just finished binding this small quilt this afternoon. I made the center medallion of a UFO with stars and planets several years ago, then used it in a Round Robin in my quilt group. I loved the result--especially the appliqued space monsters someone added in round two. I quilted rocket ships into the navy blue corners, and landing craft and stars in the last round, the teal triangles. The back is a fabric of space creatures tossed on a red background. I intend to use it as a table topper, so I removed one round to make it the right size. The round I removed was simple yellow triangles to take it off pointe. Since it was square, it wouldn't have made a bed quilt, and was really too large for a wallhanging, anyway.

Tomorrow there is a potluck at Eastern Star, and I'm taking corn pudding and some fresh-from-the-bakery bread. Then on Thanksgiving we'll all go out to eat at Luby's. I just don't have the energy to cook a big meal this year. I'd rather just have a quiet day.

1 comment:

Marla said...

Cute postcards. You do such a nice job on the edges. I get too impatient!