Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Back in service

I'm still battling bronchitis, but I'm generally feeling better now. Those summer colds are killer!

These blocks are destined to be a wall hanging for my 'dining room' (now serving as a sewing/crafts room.) The pattern was in the latest issue of McCall's Quilting.


The green and red quilt is now at the quilters' and hopefully will be done in a month or two. She has quite a backlog to get to. I'm just glad to get it to her and know she will get to it eventually.

DH has planted some new plants in my flowerbeds. The one on the left is a coleus, variety unknown. On the right is a Maui Ixora.


This bed has different Croton varieties in it. The center one is actually bright purple with twisted leaves on it. The sun was so bright it is hard to see the color.

Isn't this yellow and green one gorgeous?


Here are the caladiums and the hibiscus, which has seen better days.


Today I went to lunch at the Olive Garden with two different Red Hat groups, the Red Hat Rascals (my group) and our guests, the Texas Cowbelles. We had a great time. Everyone talked about something they collect. I showed some of the fabric postcards I have received in the mail. People are always so surprised that they can be mailed.


DH got his first SS check today, and we've already spent it catching up on the bills. We should be in good shape now.

No comments: